netkas.org forum
August 24, 2019, 06:37:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got rx560 working in mojave on mp3,1, metal and ogl  (Read 5458 times)
donluca

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 06:47:31 PM »

Would it be possible to use the same method to get the driver working on High Sierra?
netkas
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 05:09:56 PM »

No, HighSierra's driver uses sse4.2 instructions in more places, requiring more patching.
You better wait for sse4.2 opemu kext from that guy at MacRumors
Hudson

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 07:25:10 AM »

Hello netkas
Will you make this patch for MacOS Catalina ?
According to dosdude the macos patcher is compatible with macpro 3,1
Tharayman

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2019, 11:51:34 AM »

No, HighSierra's driver uses sse4.2 instructions in more places, requiring more patching.
You better wait for sse4.2 opemu kext from that guy at MacRumors

ThatguyfromLA ? Have he made statements that he is working on it?
Is there much downside to upgrading from High Sierra to Mojave, or is DOSdudes patcher so good now that it should be a no-brainer?
Svenis
Not Newbie

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 11:50:01 AM »

ThatguyfromLA ? Have he made statements that he is working on it?
Is there much downside to upgrading from High Sierra to Mojave, or is DOSdudes patcher so good now that it should be a no-brainer?

I've used the dosdude patch with Mojave for about two months now, with no problem at all. Just remember to activate the Legacy Video Card option in the patcher if you're using the original 2600 video card.
Svenis
Not Newbie

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2019, 11:51:50 AM »

I can’t get the RX560 to work at all. No cursor, no “?”, nothing. The monitor behaves like the computer is not turned on at all (it is). I am planning to make a post about what I’ve done. In the meantime, I’ve come across something strange with how AMD handles the RX560 cards.

There are actually 3 versions. First there is the 2 & 4GB versions. Then there is a strange “lite” version of the 4GB version. A “true” RX560 card should have 1024 Stream Processors (16CU), which is true for both the 2 & 4GB versions. Then there is the “Lite” version which only has 896 Stream Processors (14CU).

The only way to see which version you’ve got is to look at the bar-code sticker on the box. If it says 14CU, you’ve got the lite version. The box itself gives no information at all about this.

The thing is that there was and earlier RX460 card that had 896 Stream Processors! Could it be that the computer sees the RX560 (Lite) card as a RX460 card, and refuses to recognise it?

Would netkas’ patch work with a RX460 card or is it RX560 specific?

EDIT
If I decide to upgrade to an RX580, would netkas' patch work with it?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 02:19:32 PM by Svenis » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: