netkas.org forum
April 19, 2019, 12:03:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX780 ti - Best option for MacPro 5.1 with Mojave???  (Read 220 times)
overshoot
Not Newbie

« on: April 10, 2019, 05:03:10 AM »

Hi,

I am about to buy a GTX 780 Ti from macvidcards-europe and I am wondering if that's the best choice for performance/compatibility ratio?!
As I do understand, the GTX 7XX family is natively supported in Mojave because of the drivers being present.
Having a macvidcards will allow me to have the boot screen which is pretty important to me.

The last bit that I am unsure is: are the drivers integrated in Mojave ensuring that this card will be used as its full potential or not?!
Also I've read of potential issues with the PSU not being able to supply enough wattage at some point?!

I am using Premiere Pro with After effects and a powerful but compatible GPU is necessary for real time rendering.

I was thinking of the RX 580 at first, but the lack of boot screen made me look elsewhere.

What do you guys think?
Spacedust

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 10:40:09 AM »

Yes, it's the best option.

Drivers are inside macOS Mojave so it will be always supported.

PSU will handle this GPU without any problems.
overshoot
Not Newbie

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 05:09:54 AM »

Thanks!

I’ll order it ASAP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: